ProCal Innovations LLC
ProCal Innovations LLC (PCI) is currently seeking motivated individuals for a full time Quality Manager in Alpena, MI. Preference will be given to those with an Engineering degree and experience with CAD software, primarily Solid Works. Metal manufacturing experience is also preferred. Individuals must be detail oriented and have strong organizational and communication skills. We offer excellent potential for advancement, and a benefits package for full time employees.
General Description of Position
We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Quality Engineer / Quality Manager to join our team. Successful candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring the highest level of quality and reliability in our manufactured products. Your primary responsibility will be to develop and implement quality control processes and procedures, perform inspections and tests, identify areas for improvement, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve quality-related issues. The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, excellent problem-solving abilities, and a good understanding of quality management principles.
· Develop and implement quality control plans, procedures, and guidelines to ensure compliance with quality standards and regulations.
· Conduct thorough inspections and tests on incoming materials, in-process components, and finished products to identify defects, non-conformities, or deviations from specifications.
· Perform root cause analysis and investigate quality-related issues, customer complaints, or production inefficiencies, and provide timely corrective actions.
· Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including design, manufacturing, and supply chain to ensure quality requirements are met throughout the product lifecycle.
· Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation such as inspection reports, quality manuals, and standard operating procedures to ensure consistent quality practices and compliance.
· Utilize statistical tools and techniques to analyse quality data, monitor process performance, and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
· Conduct internal audits and facilitate external audits to assess compliance with quality management systems and regulatory requirements.
· Provide training and guidance to employees on quality control procedures, methodologies, and best practices.
· Stay updated on industry trends, and emerging technologies related to quality engineering, and recommend relevant improvements or modifications.
· Collaborate with suppliers and vendors to establish quality standards and resolve quality-related issues in the supply chain.
· Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to interpret complex data and identify trends or patterns.
· Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to convey technical concepts to diverse stakeholders.
· Detail-oriented mindset with a strong focus on accuracy and precision.
· Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams and lead quality improvement projects.
Preferred Skills and Experience
Successful candidate may not necessarily possess all skills and/or experience listed below but must have a willingness to learn.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field preferred. Non-degreed candidates with relevant experience will be considered.
· Prior experience as a Quality Engineer or in a similar role within a manufacturing or engineering environment preferred but not necessary.
· Knowledge of quality management principles, standards, and methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing).
· Proficiency in quality tools and statistical analysis techniques (e.g., SPC, FMEA, Root Cause Analysis, Pareto Analysis).
· Solid understanding of manufacturing processes, product development, and supply chain management.
Pay & Benefits:
· $60K + Depending on experience. Eligible for bonus after one year.
· Health Insurance.
· 401K w/company match.
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Alpena, MI