Patriot Steel Works, LLC.
Patriot Steel Works, LLC, (PSW) a growing manufacturing company that specializes in steel fabrication production, located in Evart, MI, is seeking an Industrial Engineer for their team. PSW invests in state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment and is dedicated to producing quality products for the various customers they serve. As an innovative company offering an array of products, they strive to continuously develop new technologies and drive process improvement.
Applicants for the Industrial Engineer position can expect to work in a fast-paced production environment, supporting PSW’s production processes that cover various steel producing plants as well as assembly operations.
Responsibilities in this role include:
- Develop and execute manufacturing process plans for steps in the steel fabrication plants
- Continuously improve processes and plans using tools and methods such as statistical process control (SPC) and design experiments (DOE)
- Conceptualize, design, and execute tooling requirements
- Identify root causes and corrective action of technical production problems, develop re-work instructions as needed
- Participate in and/or lead process improvement teams and other small project technical teams
- Lead and participate in the process of evaluations for upgrading existing processes and/or recommendations for new equipment that provides significant productivity improvements
- Support the development of formal manufacturing operators training related to new processes implemented from completed projects to perform on-the-job training of supervisors/operators
- Continuously learn and apply a wide variety of engineering techniques, contribute to projects in a team environment and investigate, transfer, and adapt processes, techniques, or methods
- Support and lead projects through the life cycle from design and prototype through production
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering is preferred (not required)
- Two or more years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment is preferred (not required)
- Close attention to detail and organization
- Effective leadership competencies
- Excellent communication skills
PSW offers the following robust benefits and compensation package:
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance benefit and HSA
- Flexible paid time off and holidays
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Discretionary bonuses